PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
ZIA Medical Center respects your concerns about protecting your privacy and personal data.
This charter describes how ZIA Medical Center uses the information collected about you when you use one of the ZIA Medical Center merchant sites, hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Site”, and when you make purchases in our stores or interact with us (our “Services”). It allows you to know the origin and use of the browsing information collected by cookies and to exercise your rights and options in accordance with the applicable legislation for personal data protection.
This charter applies to all websites, applications, and services offered by ZIA Medical Center and ZIA Medical Center group entities separately and collectively referred to as ” ZIA Medical Center “, “We”, “Our” that refer to this charter and add to the site’s “General Terms & Conditions of Use” and the “General Terms & Conditions of Sale” (and any other document or informational note that refers to this charter).
It does not apply to sites, applications, and services that have separate charters or policies that do not include or refer to the present charter.
Therefore, this charter is important to you, who want to have a positive experience and trust our services, and for us, who want to respond to your questions precisely and completely and take your desires into account.
MODIFYING THE CHARTER
We may occasionally modify the present charter. If so, we will inform you by changing the date at the top of the present. We encourage you to view the Personal Data and Cookies charter when you interact with us to stay informed of our personal data protection practices and the methods you can use to control how your personal data is used and protect your privacy.
THE KEY POINTS OF ZIA MEDICAL CENTER’S PERSONAL DATA AND COOKIES CHARTER
We collect information about you when you visit the Site, interact with us or make purchases.
In addition to the information that you declare (e.g. account creation, subscription), information is automatically collected, generated or deduced by our systems (e.g. matching/merging data in order to create a marketing profile for you).
This information allows us to know you better and means we can use your choices to make you personalized offers on our products and those of our partners.
Checks are also carried out to ensure security of the Site.
Data transfers may occur because of the organizational circumstances or location of some of our providers (delivery companies, host companies, payment or security providers).
YOUR OPTIONS AND RIGHTS
To exercise your rights to access and rectification, and to find out and exercise the other rights to which you are entitled under legislation covering data protection, please click here.
ZIA MEDICAL CENTER’S PERSONAL DATA AND COOKIES CHARTER
WHAT IS THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT?
ZIA Medical Center collects several types of personal data:
1. INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE DIRECTLY.
We collect information that you provide directly when you use our Site and Services.
This is the case when you:
• Create an online account
• Make purchase
• Call us on the telephone
• Sign up to receive our emails
• Participate in a prize draw, competition, a promotion or a survey
• Communicate with us through a third-party social network
• Request customer assistance
• Communicate with us in any other way
Sharing your personal information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide us with all or some of the information requested, we may not be able to provide you with certain products, services, or information.
The categories of information that we collect include:
• Identification and contact information (such as the first and last name, contact methods) needed to identify you when you use one of our services,
• The historical data of your contacts with us (We also keep the history of our relationship when you contact customer service or when you make a claim)
• The review that you write about our products and/or services
The data that we request and that are essential to answer your requests are indicated by an asterisk or equivalent on collection forms or specified as such verbally when it is collected. If you do not fill in the required fields or provide the information noted as required, we will not be able to respond to your requests.
2. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY.
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use the Site or make a sales transaction, notably:
• Connection data: We collect information about the device you use to browse and use the Site (such as the operating system, type of browser, whether or not you use a proxy, the inferred location of your IP address to identify your computer, your visit duration, pages visited, and the link that brought you to our Site).
• Location data: When you are connected to the mobile app, and you have activated the option, we collect information about your location.
• Recording calls to our customer service. Additionally, should you contact one of our advisors, your conversations may be recorded to improve our quality of service. You are informed by a message before being connected. You will always have other ways of reaching us if you do not wish for your conversation to be recorded.
Furthermore, depending on data we may already possess, certain forms may be pre-filled.
3. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM OUR PARTNERS AND OTHER SOURCES
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and link them to information about you that we collect, such as:
• Data shared by third-party partners: this is information that has been shared by third-party partners with whom you have been in contact and that you have allowed to share your personal data with us for direct marketing or targeted advertising purposes. These are socio-demographic data (such as your socio-professional category, your age range, your sex, etc.), contact information (such as your email address or telephone number, etc.), profile data (such as your preference for certain products or services, centers of interest, etc.)
• Data shared by social networks: this is information that is shared with us by social networks that you have used through our Site. Notably, when you share your experience with other customers, you use a social network and share information about you with this social network and with us. These communications are governed by the personal data protection policies of the social networks.
WHAT ARE THE LEGAL BASIS AND USE THAT WE MAKE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION?
We collect personal data only when we have a legal basis to do so.
The personal data collections described below is only performed because they are:
1) NEEDED TO PROVIDE YOU WITH OUR SERVICES AND EXECUTE THE ORDERS THAT YOU PLACE.
We use your data to manage subscribed contracts and Services and to fulfill our contractual obligations, in particular:
• Provide the products and services that you have requested online
• Allow you to benefit from the advantages of the services to which you have subscribed,
• Manage your reservations for services,
• Manage your product & service reviews;
• Any other current or future service relating to the Services and noted in the various terms and conditions of use.
2) NECESSARY FOR OUR LEGITIMATE INTEREST
In this case, we make sure to take into account any potential impact that this collection may have on you and Site users more generally. If we feel that your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms exceed our legitimate interest, then we will not use your personal data on this basis and may request your specific consent.
Managing our customer relationships.
We manage our relationship with you by updating a database that includes existing and potential customers.
Making sure you can browse the Site and improve your user experience. Generally speaking, you can browse our Site without sharing data that can identify you. However, your browsing information is collected automatically (see the section “Information that we collect automatically.” to ensure the security of the Sites and Services and customize the online user experience.
Customizing sites, applications and advertising to your preferences. Unless you have made another choice (to make your choice, see Notice about cookies) we track and analyze your habits, uses, and activities (including by combining data collected on the Site and those collected when using our Services) to establish user profiles, show you or send you targeted advertising and to customize our sites and applications, including using technologies that place cookies on your devices or in the emails that we send you.
Conduct studies and statistics.
We also use information collected for studies and statistics, after having made them anonymous or at the least having processed them to prevent them being reassigned to identified persons.
Outside these cases, they are also collected based on your consent, for example, when you fill in a contact form, send us a claim, sign up for a newsletter, or when you post a comment, or when such consent is required by law (for example, to send you partner offers by email or text message or using cookies for targeted advertising), which allows us to:
• Make our customer service effective. We use your data to communicate with you, manage your subscriptions to our newsletters and answer your questions, manage your claims (Customer service). In case of telephone calls, ZIA Medical Center records the conversations to manage the claim and as proof.
• Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, advantages and events and to share information that may interest you.
We collect and process your personal data to pursue our legitimate interest to manage our sales relationship dynamically, showcase our corporate image and to promote our products and services, including highlighting services appropriate to your geographical location and conduct consumer studies and market studies. Offers may also concern products and services from third parties. In the same manner, we may share certain information with our business partners for direct marketing purposes. If, in general, you do not want your data to be used in this way, simply contact us as described in the section What are your options for marketing communications?
We do not use personal information for reasons other than that for which it was collected unless you approve this use later on.
3) NEEDED TO COMPLY WITH OUR LEGAL OBLIGATIONS.
Certain data may also be kept to meet our legal obligations and defend our interests in case of dispute or legal action.
FOR HOW LONG IS YOUR DATA KEPT?
Your data is kept for the duration of our relationship.
In general, your personal data is kept throughout your relationship with us.
However, we keep certain data after your account is deleted when such conservation is allowed by law or when needed to manage disputes and claims.
In certain cases, by legal requirement, we may keep certain personal data about your even if you delete your account. Other data may be kept for studies and statistics after having been processed so as to prevent it being reassigned to identified persons.
Subject: Subscription to a newsletter
Categories of data concerned: Information about your email address and your options concerning electronic advertising.
Duration of conservation before erasure: Until you unsubscribe either in your account or via the unsubscription links in the newsletters.
Categories of data concerned: Location in real time when you have activated this service to offer your products and services depending on where you are located
Duration of conservation before erasure: Data is not retained.
Subject: Site and Service security
Categories of data concerned: Identification data, connection data including IP address
Duration of conservation before erasure: 6 months
WHOM DO WE SHARE IT WITH?
We share your data when needed to manage the Site and services.
With your permission, certain data (contact details, profile) is shared with partners to send you personalized offers.
Your contact details, centers of interest, age, and socio-professional category are shared in respect of your choices with our business partners who may send you information about their products and services. (To review your options, see the section How to unsubscribe from newsletters, manage options for promotional communication and targeted advertising?)
Data is also shared with third parties when you use social network buttons.
When you use the social network buttons, data about your identification is automatically communicated to these social networks. You can also share certain information or present on Ziamedicalcenter.com on social networks. This use is governed by the terms and conditions of use of the said social network. We invite you to read them.
Your data may also be shared in cases not described above with your consent or as instructed or when required by law. In the event that all or part of ZIA Medical Center’s business is sold, your Personal Data will be shared with the purchaser to ensure the continuity of the Services and/or, except if you have chosen otherwise, direct marketing purposes.
HOW IS THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA GUARANTEED?
Your personal data is protected by technical and organizational measures that ensure its security and confidentiality.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM NEWSLETTERS, MANAGE OPTIONS FOR PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATION AND TARGETED ADVERTISING?
WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS FOR PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATION?
You can opt into our mailing lists and agree to receive marketing and promotional information from us. You can review options for promotional communications at any time by following the steps below:
• Contact Customer Service: by email at [email protected] or by telephone at +971 4 3150555, every day from 10:00AM to 6:00PM (United Arab Emirates TIME) except on public holidays.
• Newsletters: you can modify your subscriptions to our newsletters at any time and unsubscribe by unticking the corresponding box.
• Electronic communications: you can also click on the unsubscribe links in our promotional emails and text messages at any time
• Postal correspondence, you can opt-out at any time by contacting us as described in the Contact us section.
Please note that even if you unsubscribe from promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional letters, calls, and/or emails, such as those about your account or current transactions.
WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU DO NOT WANT TARGETED ADVERTISING?
We may also use it by associating it with your browsing data using cookies for the purpose of targeted advertising (for example, to display advertisements adapted to your profile on third-party sites, advertisements likely to interest you, or a sales rebound when you read an email containing a particular offer). This type of targeting is made possible by technologies from our advertising partners that connect browsing data from the same user on these Sites, social network platforms, and third-party sites no matter the device used.
• On social network platforms (for example, Facebook or Instagram): you can opt-out of this processing at any time by configuring your advertising settings in your account
• On third-party sites: you can refer to our Cookies notice to learn how to withdraw your consent.
Careful, refusing targeted advertising only means that you will no longer be the recipient of advertising that is specifically targeted to you. This will not affect or prevent the display or reception of other, non-targeted advertising.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA? HOW CAN YOU CORRECT OR DELETE IT OR EXERCISE YOUR OTHER RIGHTS?
ACCESS AND COPY
You have a right to access and share your personal data. Before replying to your request, we are required by law to verify your identity. We may have to ask you to provide additional information to reply to your request. We undertake to reply to your request as quickly as possible.
This access also allows you to correct, change, or delete your identification data and contact details.
CORRECT INCORRECT PERSONAL DATA
You can also request the correction of your personal data which may be incorrect and limit how it is processed while the changes are being processed. Depending on the type of processing, you can also request that the personal data in our possession be completed. In this case, we may ask you to provide documentation.
Contact us using the methods described in the section How can you contact us below.
WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can exercise this right by changing your direct marketing and newsletter subscription options and by withdrawing your consent to cookies with the methods mentioned in our Notice about cookies.
HAVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA ERASED
You can also request that your personal data be erased in the following cases:
• You feel that the processing of your data is no longer needed given your use of our Site and Services, or that the purposes mentioned in this policy or its conservation are against the law
• You have withdrawn your permission to the processing of your data (see above)
• You object to the processing of your personal data for reasons concerning your personal situation
• You object to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes
Alternatively, within the limits of the law, you can request that the processing of your personal data be limited.
Please note that, notwithstanding your right to erasure or limitation, we may retain certain personal data about you when required by law or when we have a legitimate reason to do so (for example, to prove the execution of a contract), for the exercise or defense of rights in court or when the exercise of this right infringes the right to freedom of expression and information.
For example, this is the case if you violate our General Terms & Conditions of Use or Sale.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
For any questions about this data protection policy or for any request concerning your personal data, you can contact us by email at [email protected] or by telephone at +971 4 3150555, every day from 10:00AM to 6:00PM (United Arab Emirates TIME) except on public holidays
HOW CAN YOU BE INFORMED OF CHANGES TO THIS POLICY?
NOTICE RABOUT COOKIES
When you connect to our Site and in respect of your consent, we (or our partners) may install various cookies on your device to recognize your device’s browser for as long as the Cookie (your “Device”) concerned is valid.
This page helps you understand what a Cookie is, how we use it, and how you can make choices about these Cookies.
WHAT IS A “COOKIE”?
A “Cookie” is a general term for a text file saved in a dedicated space on the device’s hard drive (for example, computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) from a media user (internet, applications, etc.) when you view content or online advertising. This Cookie file allows its issuer to identify the device on which it is stored, to track the media user’s activity and to recall information, such as user preferences or information the user previously entered in forms, on the medium for as long as the Cookie is valid or stored. Certain Cookies are essential to using the medium, others optimize and customize the content shown, and other show advertising.
Cookies do not identify a user directly but identify the browser or a device. Information about the content viewed on a medium is directly linked to an identifier in the Cookie. When a user browses on a medium, this identifier is linked to the page views and, more generally, to the journey and interactions on the medium (number of clicks, for example); therefore, it is possible to track a user’s entire browsing of the medium.
LIST OF ENTITIES, SITES AND HOW PEOPLE CAN EXERCISE THEIR RIGHTS
Data controller Site : ZIA Medical Center, Um Suqiem 1, Jumeirah Beach Road, Dubai, UAE
How people can exercise their rights: By email at [email protected] or by telephone at +971 4 3150555, every day from 10:00AM to 6:00PM (United Arab Emirates TIME) except on public holidays